Good thing to want to stop receiving unsolicited emails. It can ruin your concentration. If you are googling the solution to this problem, then be happy, because you have come to the right place for the solution.
You are also probably tired of selecting those emails and deleting them. I will give you some solid solutions to this problem.
Foremost, I will begin with why you may be getting these bothersome emails you didn’t (supposedly or knowingly) subscribe to.
1. You have probably joined a mailing list or subscribed to a newsletter on your favorite website. Everyone has websites whose content they enjoy, and most of us subscribe to their email notification to keep us updated when they post new content. This may be why you are receiving emails from them.
2. You have entered your email address into a form while downloading an e-book report, a template, software or to be granted access to some special section of a website. We usually do this unknowingly because our attention is on the receiving object of our desire. We forget ourselves and enter our private email addresses.
3. You may have bought a software online or bought a physical product from a store and entered your email address to receive a discount or a digital purchase receipt. The company might be sending you emails periodically about their new products or other products you may be interested in.
4. Your email address may have been in a list of other email addresses as members of a club or professional association you may belong to. This list may be posted on the club or association website, thus giving spammers access to your email address.
5. Any of the above firms or persons with access to your email address may also sell your email among others to third party companies to send you unwanted emails. The fact that they have a privacy notice claiming the safety of your email doesn’t mean they will honor it.
Moreover, you may even find it hard to know they are the perpetrators, since there are so many avenues your email address may have been compromised.
6. Dating and adult websites are also another culprit of spam emails. They want to feed on your habits and needs to satisfy a natural emotion. They don’t care about your privacy as much as they do about getting you to visit their websites or their other partner websites.
The solution to top receiving unwanted emails
1. Create and use a secondary email for online or offline purchases. Emails don’t cost anything to create and keep, therefore having an extra one or two shouldn’t be a problem. When using websites or making offline purchases, use your secondary email address unless it is an important or official transaction.
2. Learn to utilize your email program’s spam protection feature. Configure your email program properly to ensure it catches all unsolicited emails heading for your inbox. You can also train it to catch emails from specific domains or IP addresses and delete then after a certain timeframe.
3. Clubs and professional associations that put out list of members email online must ensure the emails are protected from online email harvesters by; making the @ sign into AT, or adding numbers after the .com, or making the email text into images. This can spoof the emails and prevent bulk email harvesters from harvesting the emails.
4. If you’re receiving massive junk emails, then it would be great to manually or automatically unsubscribe from all of them one after the other. Other software or apps can automatically unsubscribe you from spam emails.
Manually, you can open the spam emails individually, and somewhere below the message the option to unsubscribe will be there. Click on it and follow the process to unsubscribe. Combining this solution with No. 2 above can be good and very effective in making your inbox junk-free.
Conclusion to how to stop receiving unwanted emails
Getting so many unsolicited emails can be very annoying and distracting. The above solutions can help to alleviate the problem of unwanted emails. Applying all the solutions above can be the best option for some people, while others may need to apply just one or two and get best results.